According to Jay Hassell, “Getting things done requires a culture of learning.” As the COO of Novologic, he advocates for people and company culture as the key ingredients for improving operations. His H.R. background gives him a strategic advantage in driving learning and training initiatives. In this episode, Jay explains how a focus on people, products, and processes leads to increased profit and performance. He also announces a new learning experience platform to assist companies in pivoting from live to virtual events.
Location: Suwanee, GA USA
- Rethinking Events: Novologic’s online learning portal premiering June 25, 2020 where participants can learn from and collaborate with innovators to rethink what’s possible for your next event. “This isn’t your standard ‘webinar event,’ although there will be plenty of live and recorded webinars to binge on.”
- The LMS vs LXP: Which One Should You Choose?: an article by Thinqi defining the Learning Management System (LMS) and the Learning Experience Platform (LXP) and what the differences are. This knowledge can help leaders and managers understand how to initiate, implement, and monitor learning at their organizations.
- Slack: a communication app ideal for remote teams that offers the ability to organize work updates by topic, private groups, and direct messaging.
- Trello: a web-based app to organize and prioritize work and projects with remote teams.
- Google Meet: Google’s free video-communication service where invited guests can join an online video conference from their computer using any modern web browser or via the app on mobile devices.
- Google Hangouts: Google’s free phone app enabling users to communicate via video call, phone, or messaging.
- The Culture Engine: A Framework for Driving Results, Inspiring Your Employees, and Transforming Your Workplace: a book by S. Chris Edmonds.
- Episode 037: Leveraging Culture to Drive Business Transformation
- Episode 052: The One Thing You Need to Know About Organizational Agility with Roger Nierenberg
- Episode 068: Anne Sugar’s Hiring to Scale Process
Like What You Heard? Please Leave a Review on Apple Podcasts.
Subscribe for FREE on Your Favorite Podcast Platform
More About Guest, Jay Hassell:
Jay Hassell is the COO of Novologic – a culture agency that offers software solutions specifically geared towards influencing and shaping organizational culture. As COO, Jay:
- Oversees day-to-day operations and allocates staff resources while monitoring professional development,
- Provides leadership and oversight for all operational functions,
- Contributes to strategic decisions as a member of the leadership team,
- Develops systems and processes that support business development activities, and
- Works with Principals to develop offerings and products to bring to market.
More About Host, Alicia Butler Pierre:
Alicia Butler Pierre is the Founder & CEO of Equilibria, Inc. – a 15-year-old operations management consulting firm. Her career in operations began over 20 years ago while working in various chemical plants and oil refineries. She invented the Kasennu framework for business infrastructure and authored, Behind the Façade: How to Structure Company Operations for Sustainable Success. It is the world’s first published book on business infrastructure for small businesses. Alicia hosts the weekly Business Infrastructure podcast with a global audience across 35 countries.