Business partnerships don’t have to end badly. K.L. Scott & Associates is proof. When Keith L. Scott started this process management consultancy, he wanted to do everything himself. Two years in, he found himself struggling to keep up with the pace. That’s when he decided to strategically partner, but he did his research first. In this episode, Keith shares how law firms inspired his business model, why he prefers a team of sub-contractors vs. employees, and how to profitably structure an operating agreement.
Location: Atlanta, GA USA
- The E-Myth Revisited: Why Most Small Businesses Don’t Work and What to Do About It: a book by Michael Gerber
- Udemy.com: an online portal for classes. Learn more about accounting as the “language of small businesses” through this curated list of low-cost courses.
- Managing the Professional Service Firm: a book by David Maister.
- Never Eat Alone: And Other Secrets to Success, One Relationship at a Time: a book by Keith Ferrazzi.
- Blue Ocean Strategy: How to Create Uncontested Market Space and Make the Competition Irrelevant: a book by W. Chan Kim and Renée Mauborgne.
- Episode 028: Managing Virtual Teams in a Freelance Economy with Sherry Heyl
- Episode 032: Running Your Business by the Numbers with Charles H. Green
- Episode 040: Lowering Overhead and Increasing Revenue with Forrest Tuff
- Episode 079: Dissolving Toxic Partnerships with Dr. Lew Bayer
- Epsiode 086: Selecting Business Partners with Jason Duncan
Like What You Heard? Please Leave a Review on Apple Podcasts.
Subscribe for FREE on Your Favorite Podcast Platform