Marshall Freeman is the COO of the Atlanta Police Foundation (APF), a non-profit organization on a mission to make Atlanta America’s safest large city. In this episode, he details why the APF’s public-private partnership model enables them to pivot and act quickly leading to one of the lowest reported cases of COVID-19 for police officers. Discover what goes on behind-the-scenes as Marshall describes the crime prevention playbook and business infrastructure that serve as the cornerstone and foundation of the APF’s successes.
Location: Atlanta, GA USA
- Operation Shield: one of the Atlanta Police Foundation’s (APF) 22 programs Marshall mentioned during the interview. It consists of a network of advanced technologies that create more efficient policing including the citywide network of surveillance cameras and license plate readers, predictive policing platforms, and criminal analytics software.
- Video Integration Center (VIC): a website describing the hub for Operation Shield. The cutting-edge VIC system allows existing video surveillance cameras owned by private business partners to be integrated and monitored in a centralized location.
- The Go-Giver: A Surprising Way of Getting More Than You Expect: a book by Bob Burg.
- It’s Your Ship: Management Techniques from the Best Damn Ship in the Navy: a book by Captain D. Michael Abrashoff.
- A Military Leadership Notebook: Principles into Practice: a book by Walter F. Ulmer.
- Axis Communications: website of the global company offering a suite of network security and surveillance products and services to both commercial and residential clients.
Watch this Video to Learn More About the APF’s Operation Shield:
- Episode 010: Cybersecurity & Small Business: What You Need to Know for Maximum Data Protection
- Episode 034: Developing a Business Strategy for Sustainable Growth
- Episode 070: Mariela Dabbah’s Building an Alliance Process
- Episode 098: Producing a Hit TV Show with Janice Jensen
Like What You Heard? Please Leave a Review on Apple Podcasts.
Subscribe for FREE on Your Favorite Podcast Platform
More About Guest, Marshall Freeman:
Marshall Freeman serves as Chief Operating Officer for the Atlanta Police Foundation, the nationally renowned non-profit law enforcement advocacy, strategic planning, and research organization that supports public safety in Atlanta. He leads a team that manages programs and initiatives designed to prevent and decrease crime, enhance public safety infrastructure, increase police visibility, provide mid-career training to Atlanta Police Department officers, and test and acquire state-of-the-art technology for the south’s largest urban police force. For the previous 18 years, Marshall has managed large-scale events across the country and developed a strategy for many celebrity clients. Marshall is a proud graduate of Johnson & Wales University and a native of Detroit, Michigan.
More About Host, Alicia Butler Pierre:
Alicia Butler Pierre is the Founder & CEO of Equilibria, Inc. – a 15-year-old operations management consulting firm. Her career in operations began over 20 years ago while working in various chemical plants and oil refineries. She invented the Kasennu framework for business infrastructure and authored, Behind the Façade: How to Structure Company Operations for Sustainable Success. It is the world’s first published book on business infrastructure for small businesses. Alicia hosts the weekly Business Infrastructure podcast with a global audience across 35 countries.