Lily Allen-Dueñas is a modern Renaissance woman. Her work in marketing, the arts, and yoga has led her to teach and interact with women around the world. Now, as the Interim Executive Director of The State of Women Institute, she has a platform to amplify the voices of this under-represented and marginalized group. In this episode, Lily describes the organization’s technology platform that provides access to financial resources to educate and empower diverse women and girls.
Location: Calais, FRANCE
Air Date: May 9, 2021
- Lily’s Website: learn more about Lily’s work as a Freelance Writer, Editor, Graphic Designer, and Marketing Professional.
- Sheqonomi: a podcasting platform dedicated to curating content that positively impact women around the world. Founded by serial social entrepreneur and philanthropist, Anu Bhardwaj (also the Founder of The State of Women Institute).
- KaiOS app: a mission-based phone app designed to close the digital divide by making smartphone apps available on feature phones with keypads. Sheqonomi podcasts are available through this app.
- Amplifying Her Voice: a curated list of events by The State of Women Institute that connects women around the world to discuss, network, and empower each other to chart their financial and economic destinies.
- Hopin: an online event platform enabling virtual events that connect people globally.
- Eventbrite: an event management and ticketing website enabling hosts and facilitators to communicate information and collect potential payment.
- Springboard Enterprises: an organization “…where entrepreneurs, investors, and industry experts meet to build great women-led businesses. Springboard educates, sources, coaches, showcases and supports high growth companies seeking equity capital for expansion.”
- Women Founders Network: an organization providing “…a virtual accelerator that connects women building high-growth businesses with the tools and resources they need to achieve business success.”
Learn More About The State of Women Institute’s Amplifying Her Voice Events:
How to Get Serious About Diversity & Inclusion in the Workplace – Janet Duvall
- Episode 060: The One Thing You Need to Know About Mental Health & Entrepreneurship with Silke Glaab
- Episode 070: Mariela Dabbah’s Building an Alliance Process
- Episode 084: Niching to Scale with Meredith Moore
- Episode 111: Leading Data-Driven Improvements with Christine Yeager
Like What You Heard? Please Leave a Review on Apple Podcasts.
Subscribe for FREE Wherever You Listen to Podcasts, Including:
- Producer & Host: Alicia Butler Pierre
- Podcast Editor: Olanrewaju Adeyemo
- Video Editor: Gladys Jimenez
- Transcription: Jodie Maquiran
- Sponsors: Equilibria, HubSpot
More About Guest, Lily Allen-Dueñas:
Lily Allen-Dueñas leads organizations through transformation at critical inflection points, positioning them to capitalize on emerging trends and heart-centered marketing strategies. With extensive experience in nonprofit marketing management and digital strategy, Lily helps build nimble, forward-thinking organizations with collaborative cultures committed to integrity, diversity, and inclusion.
She holds the position as the Interim Executive Director of The State of Women Institute where she works with women across the world to amplify their voices and their stories. Moreover, Lily is a holistic health and wellness coach, and international yoga and meditation teacher. She helps overwhelmed individuals reduce their emotional overload, and find balance, breath, and space for self-care. Lily is the founder of the Wild Yoga Tribe, and has taught yoga classes and wellness workshops all over the world.
More About Host, Alicia Butler Pierre:
Alicia Butler Pierre is the Founder & CEO of Equilibria, Inc. Her career in operations began over 20 years ago while working as an engineer in various chemical plants and oil refineries. She invented the KasennuTM framework for business infrastructure and authored, Behind the Façade: How to Structure Company Operations for Sustainable Success. It is the world’s first published book on business infrastructure for small businesses. Alicia hosts the weekly Business Infrastructure podcast with a global audience across 53 countries.
More About Sponsor, Equilibria:
Equilibria, Inc. is a 16-year-old boutique operations management consulting firm. We build the business infrastructure necessary for fast-growing businesses to scale with less pain. With a range of services and products, entrepreneurs can get the operational support and resources they need on-demand.
More About Sponsor, HubSpot:
HubSpot offers a full platform of marketing, sales, customer service, and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software — plus the methodology, resources, and support — to help businesses. Their CRM platform is powered by the same database, so everyone in your organization — Marketing, Sales, Service & Operations — is working off the same system of record. This allows for a smoother handoff between teams and results in a more delightful experience for your customers.