When it comes to traditional and new media, Steven Cuoco has been there and done that. So, when he describes himself as the “WikiLeaks of Public Relations,” it’s for good reason. In this episode, he taps into his 25+ years of experience to give an objective, no-holds-barred masterclass on pitching and presenting to media. You’ll learn breakthrough strategies to protect your company’s coffers, operations, and reputation from publicity scams, technology blunders, and dubious pay-to-play models.
Location: Metro New York USA
Air Date: May 16, 2021
- Steven’s website: learn more about Steven, the core values that guide his business ventures, and his extensive media and publicist work portfolio.
- Guided Transformation: Poems, Quotes, and Inspiration: Steven’s book.
- EMAGE Magazine® International: Steven’s digital magazine.
- Chatting with Steven Cuoco: PR, media, broadcasting professional: a Digital Journal article about Steven written by Markos Papadatos.
- MSN.com: the website Steven recommends to search for daily trending topics. Pay attention to the images and headlines used to understand what “sells” online to determine a media strategy for your company.
- Inspiring Conversations with Steven Cuoco: learn more about Steven in this Voyage LA article.
- Broadcast Music, Inc. (BMI): a professional organization for musical creators that “…represents more than 1.1 million songwriters, composers, and publishers with over 17 million musical works.” They recognize that music “…adds value to any business, organization or digital platform. It’s a tool that keeps people engaged. BMI powers 650,000 licensed businesses that use music.”
- American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP): a professional organization with more than 800,000 songwriters, composers and music publishers as members. Their mission is to “…uphold the value of our members’ music, and help them thrive alongside the businesses that use their music every day.”
- Sound Exchange: the website of the non-profit organization that advocates for music licensing reform by developing business solutions that benefit the entire music industry. They collect and distribute “…digital performance royalties on behalf of more than 245,000 recording artists’ and master rights owners’ accounts. Sound Exchange is “…the sole organization designated by the U.S. Congress to collect and distribute digital performance royalties for sound recordings. As of 2020 it had paid more than $6 billion to recording artists and rights owners.”
- Getty Images: a website offering a digital marketplace where the original work of professional photographers, artists, and videographers is offered and sold to prospective buyers royalty-free.
- Newswire: the No. 1 online source for press release distribution. Through a variety of paid packages, thought leaders and businesses alike can distribute news about their game-changing ideas, businesses, and important announcements to over 8,000 news sources around the world.
- Accesswire: an online newswire platform that reaches more than 1,500 media outlets in 98 countries. It is considered to be the “…newest, fastest-growing and most disruptive newswire available today.” Their services include social engagement, targeting and analytics so that you can gain insights into you and your company’s story.
Download Newswire’s Enhanced Distribution Network of Media Outlets: Newswire_Enhanced_Distribution_Network_20210517
- Episode 043: Becoming an Online Influencer with Heather Havenwood
- Episode 051: Designing a Digital Content Management Process with Alicia Butler Pierre
- Episode 098: Producing a Hit TV Show with Janice Jensen
- Episode 134: How I Scaled My Personal Brand & Became One of the World’s Top 50 Business Thinkers featuring Dorie Clark
- Episode 139: How I Scaled My Podcast to the Top 1.5% Globally featuring Laura Cathcart Robbins
Like What You Heard? Please Leave a Review on Apple Podcasts.
Subscribe for FREE Wherever You Listen to Podcasts, Including:
- Producer & Host: Alicia Butler Pierre
- Podcast Editor: Olanrewaju Adeyemo
- Video Editor: Gladys Jimenez
- Transcription: Jodie Maquiran
- Sponsors: Equilibria, HubSpot
More About Guest, Steven Cuoco:
Steven is a sought-after positioning expert in public relations, bankable branding, media and broadcasting, podcast, and radio show development. He is best known for representing, publishing, and mentoring A-List celebrities and reality TV stars from NBC to Bravo, and authoring the International bestseller, Guided Transformation: Poems, Quotes, and Inspiration.
More About Host, Alicia Butler Pierre:
Alicia Butler Pierre is the Founder & CEO of Equilibria, Inc. Her career in operations began over 20 years ago while working as an engineer in various chemical plants and oil refineries. She invented the KasennuTM framework for business infrastructure and authored, Behind the Façade: How to Structure Company Operations for Sustainable Success. It is the world’s first published book on business infrastructure for small businesses. Alicia hosts the weekly Business Infrastructure podcast with a global audience across 53 countries.
More About Sponsor, Equilibria:
Equilibria, Inc. is a 16-year-old boutique operations management consulting firm. We build the business infrastructure necessary for fast-growing businesses to scale with less pain. With a range of services and products, entrepreneurs can get the operational support and resources they need on-demand.
More About Sponsor, HubSpot:
HubSpot offers a full platform of marketing, sales, customer service, and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software — plus the methodology, resources, and support — to help businesses. Their CRM platform is powered by the same database, so everyone in your organization — Marketing, Sales, Service & Operations — is working off the same system of record. This allows for a smoother handoff between teams and results in a more delightful experience for your customers.