As a physician, scientist, MBA, and certified life coach, Dr. Soliman is a self-described lifelong learner. One important lesson he’s learned is that, as leaders, we make many energy-depleting decisions throughout the day. This impacts our ability to operate at peak performance. In this episode, he teaches: 1) why we should focus on energy management instead of time management, 2) why we should beware of cognitive dissonance, and 3) how diversity, inclusion, and fast-paced technologies impact our mental health. Dr. Soliman also shares his 3-phase process for helping people navigate these changes to achieve the best outcome, which ultimately is a win for them, their companies, and their customers!
Special Guest: Dr. Soliman – Physician, Scientist, MBA, and ICF Certified Leadership & Career Coach
Location: New York City, NY USA
Air Date: June 20, 2021
- Dr. Soliman’s website: take advantage of free assessment tools to give you insights on things like your emotional intelligence, career selection, and leadership development.
- Dr. Soliman’s YouTube channel: check out his two shows, Thrive and The Professional’s Lounge, where experts share tips and tricks of their trades.
- How To Measure Leadership Skills | Retired Brigadier General & Founder, West Point Leadership Center: Dr. Soliman’s video interview of Tom Kolditz.
- Dr. Soliman on TikTok
- Inclusify: The Power of Uniqueness and Belonging to Build Innovative Teams: a book by Stefanie K. Johnson.
- Telehealth: a website of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services that “…provides information for health care providers and patients about the latest federal efforts to support and promote virtual health care, known as telehealth.”
- Symptoms of Anxiety or Depressive Disorder and Use of Mental Health Care Among Adults During the COVID-19 Pandemic — United States, August 2020–February 2021: an article from the Center for Disease Control’s (CDC) Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report. It highlights the significant increase in people diagnosed with mental disorders such as anxiety and depression.
- Mind Over Mood: Change How You Feel by Changing the Way You Think: a book by Dennis Greenberger and Christine A. Padesky.
- Quora: an online Q&A platform where members can ask questions and “connect with people who contribute unique insights and quality answers.
- DSM-5: the website of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM). “The DSM is used as a standardized and centralized guide by mental health professionals, including clinicians, drug regulation agencies, and health insurance companies, among others, to classify and build actionable direction with respect to mental health disorders.” The fifth edition is the most recent version (DSM-5) of the manual.
- Notion: an online, all-in-one workspace tool designed to break down silos and increase work efficiency by making information highly visible, easily accessible, and cross-referenced.
- Calendly: the online scheduling tool Dr. Soliman uses to set appointments with clients and patients.
- Harvard Business Review: a magazine offering best-in-class leadership and management tips and advice for business leaders.
Check Out Dr. Soliman’s Interviews of Alicia Butler Pierre on The Professional’s Lounge:
- Episode 009: Business Coaching vs. Consulting: 9 Tips for Choosing the Right Type of Guidance with Latarsha Horne
- Episode 011: The Benefits of Backpacking on Your Small Business with Keith Finger
- Episode 017: How Traveling Can Lead to Self Discovery and Business Evolution with Tim Walter
- Episode 046: Leveraging Your Story for Team Cohesion with Hasani X
- Episode 060: The One Thing You Need to Know About Mental Health & Entrepreneurship with Silke Glaab
Like What You Heard? Please Leave a Review on Apple Podcasts.
Subscribe for FREE Wherever You Listen to Podcasts, Including:
- Producer & Host: Alicia Butler Pierre
- Podcast Editor: Olanrewaju Adeyemo
- Video Editor: Gladys Jimenez
- Transcription: Jodie Maquiran
- Sponsor: HubSpot
More About Guest, Dr. Mohamed Soliman:
Dr. Soliman is a physician-scientist and a lifelong learner. He earned his MD & MBA from Cornell University and his Ph.D. in Genetics at the University of Toronto. He is also an International Coach Federation (ICF) Certified Life Coach. Professionals work with him when they feel stuck in their careers and want to gain clarity about the next step in their professional lives. He is a host of a number of shows on YouTube. You can check his episodes here.
More About Host, Alicia Butler Pierre:
Alicia Butler Pierre is the Founder & CEO of Equilibria, Inc. Her career in operations began over 20 years ago while working as an engineer in various chemical plants and oil refineries. She invented the KasennuTM framework for business infrastructure and authored, Behind the Façade: How to Structure Company Operations for Sustainable Success. It is the world’s first published book on business infrastructure for small businesses. Alicia hosts the weekly Business Infrastructure podcast with a global audience across 53 countries.
More About Sponsor, HubSpot:
HubSpot offers a full platform of marketing, sales, customer service, and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software — plus the methodology, resources, and support — to help businesses. Their CRM platform is powered by the same database, so everyone in your organization — Marketing, Sales, Service & Operations — is working off the same system of record. This allows for a smoother handoff between teams and results in a more delightful experience for your customers.