This Episode is Sponsored By:
When Jason Cavness joined the US Army at 19, he took a test to determine his optimal career starting in the military. He had a choice between working as a parachute repairman or working in Human Resources (H.R.) He chose the latter – the allure being the opportunity to live in Germany.
25 years later, he retired and through a chance encounter met someone who suggested he fill a gap in the marketplace for H.R. services in fast-growing small businesses. Not knowing what a startup was, he took a leap of faith and started CavnessHR.
CavnessHR offers is an H.R. software as a service platform. In this episode, Jason makes the case for why H.R. processes, policies, and protocol is so important in small businesses and how CavnessHR automates these areas. If you operate a small business with 49 or fewer employees, find out how you can take advantage of a free trial of CavnessHR – available only through this podcast.
Location: Seattle, WA USA
Air Date: November 21, 2021
- CavnessHR: an HR software as a service with a mission to help small business owners save both time and money through various solutions based on the number of workers.
- Asana: a web-based project and task management tool designed to help teams better organize, track, and manage their work.
- EverNote: a cloud-based app designed for note-taking, organizing, task management, and archiving.
- signNow: a web-based app that integrates electronic signatures as part of important operational workflows including negotiating contracts, accepting online payments, and generating legal agreements.
- Bunker Labs: an accelerator that offers community forums, programs, and courses to help military veterans and their spouses to start and grow successful businesses.
- WeWork Labs: a global digital platform connecting and supporting WeWork’s members. The office workspace company’s mission is to “…empower inventive humans and organizations to impact the present and influence the future.”
- Product Hunt: an online database where visitors can share or discover new tech products. Users can comment and give reviews on those products.
- Jason Cavness Experience: Jason’s weekly podcast where he interviews “…small business owners, founders, and others involved in the tech, startup and HR worlds.” Available wherever you enjoy podcasts including Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and YouTube.
- Listen to Jason’s interview with Sharon Goldsmith – Acting Executive Dean of Entrepreneurship and Business Development at Hofstra University. They talk about the Entrepreneurship NYC Hofstra University Veterans Venture Challenge, her experiences as the head of HR and Finance at G-Unit Records, and much more!
- Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM): a membership organization with a mission to elevate the HR profession. “As the voice of all things work, workers and the workplace, SHRM is the foremost expert, convener and thought leader on issues impacting today’s evolving workplaces.”
- Episode 048: Automating Human Resource Compliance with Jason Cavness
- Episode 068: Anne Sugar’s Hiring to Scale Process
- Episode 127: Let’s Identify and Document Key Business Processes with Cornelius Dowdell
- Episode 135: How I Built a Remote Team and Scaled Unique Designz to a 7-Figure Business with Henry Kaminski
- Episode 147: Diversity, Digital Transformation & Hiring Vets with Len Samborowski
Like What You Heard? Please Leave a Review on Apple Podcasts.
Subscribe for FREE Wherever You Listen to Podcasts, Including:
- Writer, Producer & Host: Alicia Butler Pierre
- Podcast Editor: Olanrewaju Adeyemo
- Video Editor: Gladys Jimenez
- Transcription: Outsource Global
- Sponsors: ThinkSmart Whiteboard, CavnessHR
More About Guest, Jason Cavness:
Jason Cavness is an INFJ retired U.S. Army officer who served for 25 years, including 8 years as an enlisted member. He has previous startup experience with MyUnfold. He is currently the Founder & CEO of CavnessHR. CavnessHR delivers Human Resource (H.R.) services to U.S. companies with 49 or fewer people through an H.R. platform along with an H.R. Business Partner. He also hosts The Jason Cavness Experience where he talks to small business owners, founders, and other interesting people.
More About Host, Alicia Butler Pierre:
Alicia Butler Pierre is the Founder & CEO of Equilibria, Inc. Her career in operations began over 20 years ago while working as an engineer in various chemical plants and oil refineries. She invented the KasennuTM framework for business infrastructure and authored, Behind the Façade: How to Structure Company Operations for Sustainable Success. It is the world’s first published book on business infrastructure for small businesses. Alicia hosts the weekly Business Infrastructure podcast with a global audience across 53 countries.
More About Sponsor, ThinkSmart Whiteboard:
Thinksmart Whiteboard is a Windows App that turns your Tablet PC into a shared whiteboard. It allows you to create a whiteboard on your computer screen, then allows other people to write onto your whiteboard, even if they are in another location! Learn more.
More About Sponsor, CavnessHR:
CavnessHR delivers HR to companies with 49 or fewer people through a voice-enabled AI platform along with access to a dedicated HR Business Partner. We do this while taking care of our own employees and customers, maintaining transparency, utilizing active listening, practicing empathy, and being valued members of our communities.