This Episode is Sponsored By:
Obscurity will kill any business. No matter how great your products or services are, if enough people don’t know about them and patronize your business, then it won’t matter. The odds appear to be stacked against small businesses in increasing their visibility. How can they compete against their larger, more established competitors when they have limited budgets for advertising, branding, and publicity?
That’s where Colt Briner comes in. As the Founder and virtual Chief Marketing Officer of Scrappy AF Solutions, he levels the playing field for small businesses through digital marketing strategies. Small businesses don’t need to have budgets fit for Super Bowl ads to become formidable competitors.
Instead, Colt argues that through creativity, ingenuity, and some grit work, smaller companies can “put some stank on it” and leverage free and low-cost digital technologies to revolutionize their marketing processes. As a former professional magician, he quickly learned the formula for attracting customers – engagement, communication, and entertainment.
Now, he combines those skills with his experiences as a startup executive in growing a business to a $1 billion valuation. In this episode, Colt shares six digital marketing technologies that startups and emerging small businesses can leverage to build, manage, grow, and scale their exposure. He also shares additional tools to support your company’s back-office operations in executing these strategies.
There’s no need to go rogue in your marketing efforts. Go digital instead and discover how your company can concoct its own magical potion for transforming its marketing team, processes, and technologies from scrappy to smooth.
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Air Date: October 17, 2021
- Shutterstock: an online, subscription-based portal of low-cost, royalty-free stock images and short video clips.
- Premium Beat: a Shutterstock company offering an online, subscription-based portal of exclusive musical tracks, free of copyrights and licensing fees.
- Fiverr: a digital platform matching service providers with potential customers.
- Upwork: find and vet premium freelancers for your next project
- MailChimp: an email marketing and automation tool with a variety of free and low-cost solutions for small businesses.
- WordPress: a low-cost website building platform (known as “the world’s most popular website builder”). Its technology levels the playing field for small business websites through its cutting edge plugins, design templates, and hundreds of integrations.
- Final Cut: an Apple software designed for editing multichannel audio using built-in tools for removing background noise, optimizing levels, adjusting multichannel audio files in a timeline, and more.
- StoryBlocks: an online, subscription-based portal offering unlimited video clips and an easy-to-use video editor.
- Audio Jungle: an online, subscription-based portal offering royalty-free music and audio tracks starting at just $1 USD.
- Cameo: a fun and unique online tool for requesting and receiving personalized video recordings from celebrities and social media influencers at a relatively low cost.
- Uberduck: a synthetic speech toy leveraging artificial intelligence. Users can type text and with the click of a button, have the text verbalized in the voice of a selected celebrity.
- iMovie: an app by Apple enabling Users to create Hollywood-style trailers and beautiful movies that be edited at resolutions up to 4K. Movies can even be edited on an iPhone or iPad, and finished on a Mac.
- Episode 028: Managing Virtual Teams in a Freelance Economy with Sherry Heyl
- Episode 051: Designing a Digital Content Management Process with Alicia Butler Pierre
- Episode 094: Retooling Operations for Customer Success with David Ellin
- Episode 140: How I Scale Unknown Brands into Million and Billion Dollar Household Names with Maureen Mwangi
- Episode 149: Diversity, Digital Transformation, and Pitching Media with Steven Cuoco
Like What You Heard? Please Leave a Review on Apple Podcasts.
Subscribe for FREE Wherever You Listen to Podcasts, Including:
- Writer, Producer & Host: Alicia Butler Pierre
- Podcast Editor: Olanrewaju Adeyemo
- Video Editor: Gladys Jimenez
- Transcription: Jodie Maquiran
- Sponsors: ThinkSmart Whiteboard, CavnessHR
More About Guest, Colton “Colt” Briner:
Colton Briner has spent his entire career where the rubber meets the road between product development and branding on the one side and marketing and sales on the other side. This experience has enabled him to combine strong strategies with creative execution to help companies grow fast while spending less. Or, as he likes to call it “Modern marketing with some stank on it.”
More About Host, Alicia Butler Pierre:
Alicia Butler Pierre is the Founder & CEO of Equilibria, Inc. Her career in operations began over 20 years ago while working as an engineer in various chemical plants and oil refineries. She invented the KasennuTM framework for business infrastructure and authored, Behind the Façade: How to Structure Company Operations for Sustainable Success. It is the world’s first published book on business infrastructure for small businesses. Alicia hosts the weekly Business Infrastructure podcast with a global audience across 53 countries.
More About Sponsor, ThinkSmart Whiteboard:
Thinksmart Whiteboard is a Windows App that turns your Tablet PC into a shared whiteboard. It allows you to create a whiteboard on your computer screen, then allows other people to write onto your whiteboard, even if they are in another location! Learn more.
More About Sponsor, CavnessHR:
CavnessHR delivers HR to companies with 49 or fewer people through a voice enabled AI platform along with access to a dedicated HR Business Partner. We do this while taking care of our own employees and customers, maintaining transparency, utilizing active listening, practicing empathy, and being valued members of our communities.