This Episode is Sponsored By:
We’re excited to bring you a new season of the Business Infrastructure podcast and it’s going to be a game-changer! Kicking things off is Jay Jemal, a Sr. Technologist and the Founder of Blucidy – a revolutionary SaaS company that combines the power of Blockchain, Big Data, and Artificial Intelligence.
If those tech terms sound scary, then you’re in luck because Jay breaks them down in a way that makes sense and is relevant to smaller businesses. Originally from Ethiopia, he’s used to translating complex ideas, concepts, and language.
Over the past 20 years, he’s accumulated an impressive set of technology accomplishments and credentials across various industries, starting with telecommunications. Now, his focus is primarily on federal healthcare. This led to the creation of Blucidy as a social innovation platform designed to foster organizational transparency and accountability for the benefit of humanity.
In this episode, Jay explains what blockchain technology is and debunks the myth that its only for large organizations. He also shares examples of how different industries can use it to collect, manage, and secure the data used to make critical operational and process improvement decisions. Discover how you can apply this game-changing technology to ensure a single source of truth when it comes to managing your company’s data.
Location: Atlanta, GA USA
Air Date: October 3, 2021
- Blucidy: the official website of Blucidy. “Blucidy combines the power of Blockchain, Big Data, and Artificial Intelligence to create a social innovation smart platform for organization transparency and accountability to build impactful organization ecosystem.”
- Morgan State University CREAM Lab: Morgan State University is a public historically black research university in Baltimore, Maryland. Their Center for Reverse Engineering and Assured Microelectronics (CREAM) is dedicated to providing the “…electronics industry with knowledge, methodology, solutions, and skilled engineers to help prevent penetration and manipulation of our electronic infrastructure.”
- Blockchain101.com: an online hub dedicated to creating and curating content, events, and learning materials about blockchain technology.
- SIMBA Chain: a cloud-based, smart-contract-as-a-service (SCaaS) platform that enables secure, direct connections between users and providers to monetize and unlock the hidden value of their physical and digital assets through Smart Contracts and Non-Fungible Tokens (NFTs). Download their free guide to learn the basics of how blockchain works.
- Informatica: a cloud-based, AI software that connects, manages and unifies data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system to deliver a single source of truth for all business-critical data.
- Blockchain as a Tool in Humanitarian Action – A Brief Overview of Potential Uses: a white paper written by Anna Bäckman. Download here –>BLOCKCHAIN-webb
- Opportunity Hub (OHUB): an organization committed to increasing racial equity in the fourth industrial revolution through its early exposure, skills development, job placement, entrepreneurship support, and alternative capital formation programs and technology hubs that are strategically located across America.
- Collab Capital: an organization committed to investing financial, human, and network capital to effectively support, grow, and sustain Black-owned innovative businesses and ultimately establish a pathway toward economic parity.
What is an NFT? Find out in this video from the Wall Street Journal.
- Episode 010: Cybersecurity & Small Business – What You Need to Know for Maximum Protection with Gary Vause
- Episode 018: How AI Technology Can Scale Your Small Business with Scott Evans
- Episode 058: The One Thing You Need to Know About Data Privacy with Jodie Daniels
- Episode 074: Love Hudson-Maggio’s Data Management Process
- Episode 160: Leveraging Data and Analytics for Operational Excellence with Michiko Wolcott
Subscribe & Review:
Like What You Heard? Please Leave a Review on Apple Podcasts.
Subscribe for FREE Wherever You Listen to Podcasts, Including:
- Writer, Producer & Host: Alicia Butler Pierre
- Podcast Editor: Olanrewaju Adeyemo
- Video Editor: Gladys Jimenez
- Transcription: Jodie Maquiran
- Sponsors: ThinkSmart Whiteboard, CavnessHR
More About Guest, Jay Jemal:
Mr. Jay Jemal is a Sr. Technologist with more than 20 years of experience consulting Fortune 100 private companies and critical public agencies such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). His experience ranges from team leadership to technical architecture and developing technical solutions against business, strategy, and technical roadmaps. He is the founder of Blucidy.io, an Atlanta-based Blockchain and AI-enabled platform that accelerates organizational efficiency and measures impact for greater ROI.
Jay is currently pursuing a Doctorate of Engineering degree at Morgan State University’s CREAM lab Cybersecurity track, focusing on Blockchain for IoT security research topic areas. His ultimate mission is to apply rigorous scientific-based technology research theories to our day-to-day technology solutions.
More About Host, Alicia Butler Pierre:
Alicia Butler Pierre is the Founder & CEO of Equilibria, Inc. Her career in operations began over 20 years ago while working as an engineer in various chemical plants and oil refineries. She invented the KasennuTM framework for business infrastructure and authored, Behind the Façade: How to Structure Company Operations for Sustainable Success. It is the world’s first published book on business infrastructure for small businesses. Alicia hosts the weekly Business Infrastructure podcast with a global audience across 53 countries.
More About Sponsor, ThinkSmart Whiteboard:
Thinksmart Whiteboard is a Windows App that turns your Tablet PC into a shared whiteboard. It allows you to create a whiteboard on your computer screen, then allows other people to write onto your whiteboard, even if they are in another location! Learn more.
More About Sponsor, CavnessHR:
CavnessHR delivers HR to companies with 49 or fewer people through a voice enabled AI platform along with access to a dedicated HR Business Partner. We do this while taking care of our own employees and customers, maintaining transparency, utilizing active listening, practicing empathy, and being valued members of our communities.