This Episode is Sponsored By:
Lynda Martin grew up in a family of entrepreneurs, so it was only natural she’d become one herself. But when she started her first venture, her co-founders didn’t think women belonged in leadership. So she left, started Goodwin Growth Works, and never looked back.
Also armed with a strong background in staffing and H.R., she’s on a mission to “…repair the world, one small business at a time.” One way she does that is through the Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS).
In this episode, Lynda describes what EOS is and shares a case study of a company that applied it and grew sales by 32% each year for two years in a row. Discover the EOS formula for setting your vision and gaining traction towards effective leadership, sustainable growth, and operational excellence!
Location: Atlanta, GA USA
Air Date: Aug. 29, 2021
- Goodwin Growth Works: the home to Lynda’s company. Learn more about her services, read her blog articles, and request a free 15-min consultation.
- Free Organizational Checkup: sign up to receive six remedies to support your company’s growth with this free checkup rooted in EOS principles.
- Free EOS Tools: download a free chapter of each book of the EOS Library (see list below).
- Franklin Covey: the website home of the company famous for time management systems. This particular webpage showcases Stephen Covey explaining the concept of “Big Rocks” that the EOS also leverages. Big Rocks refers to “…how a paradigm shift can help you achieve the big things on your to-do lists while managing the little things.”
- The Recommended Order of EOS Library of Books:
- What the Heck is EOS? A Complete Guide for Employees in Companies Running on EOS: by Gino Wickman and Tom Bouwer
- How to be a Great Boss: by Gino Wickman and René Boer
- Rocket Fuel: The One Essential Combination That Will Get You More of What You Want from Your Business: by Gino Wickman and Mark C. Winters
- Traction: Get a Grip on Your Business: by Gino Wickman
- Get a Grip: How to Get Everything You Want from Your Entrepreneurial Business: by Gino Wickman
- Get the first chapter of each of the above books free!
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: by Stephen Covey
Watch Lynda Explain EOS:
Watch as Stephen Covey Demonstrates the Importance of Scheduling Priorities:
- Episode 095: Finding the Right Model to Improve Operations with Elzie Flenard
- Episode 096: Using Customer Intelligence to Improve Operations with Adam Hayes
- Episode 137: How I Scale companies with Agile and Digital Transformation featuring Lynn Bonner
- Episode 153: Diversity, Digital Transformation, & Advancing Revenue Operations with Alison Elworthy
Like What You Heard? Please Leave a Review on Apple Podcasts.
Subscribe for FREE Wherever You Listen to Podcasts, Including:
- Writer, Producer & Host: Alicia Butler Pierre
- Podcast Editor: Olanrewaju Adeyemo
- Video Editor: Gladys Jimenez
- Transcription: Outsource Global
- Sponsors: HubSpot, ThinkSmart Whiteboard
More About Guest, Lynda Martin:
For 25 years, Lynda Martin has partnered with over 125 companies as a trusted advisor in a safe, empathetic and uplifting environment. She works with growth-oriented entrepreneurial leadership teams that are willing to learn, be honest, and be vulnerable as they find a way out of their frustration as we implement the principles and tools of EOS®. By examining the company together from 6 core perspectives, she works with her clients to build a powerful, positive impact throughout the organization.
More About Host, Alicia Butler Pierre:
Alicia Butler Pierre is the Founder & CEO of Equilibria, Inc. Her career in operations began over 20 years ago while working as an engineer in various chemical plants and oil refineries. She invented the KasennuTM framework for business infrastructure and authored, Behind the Façade: How to Structure Company Operations for Sustainable Success. It is the world’s first published book on business infrastructure for small businesses. Alicia hosts the weekly Business Infrastructure podcast with a global audience across 53 countries.
More About Sponsor, HubSpot:
HubSpot offers a full platform of marketing, sales, customer service, and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software — plus the methodology, resources, and support — to help businesses. Their CRM platform is powered by the same database, so everyone in your organization — Marketing, Sales, Service & Operations — is working off the same system of record. This allows for a smoother handoff between teams and results in a more delightful experience for your customers.
More About Sponsor, ThinkSmart Whiteboard:
Thinksmart Whiteboard is a Windows App that turns your Tablet PC into a shared whiteboard. It allows you to create a whiteboard on your computer screen, then allows other people to write onto your whiteboard, even if they are in another location! Learn more.