This Episode is Sponsored By:
Lauren Hisey thought she wanted to be a lawyer until she took some law classes and realized she didn’t have a passion for it. A chance encounter working at a call center while in college helped her discover that her true love was in operations. She went on to have a successful career working at AT&T and Nielsen, leading projects that saved both companies millions. Now, Lauren has her own consultancy where she applies her signature “calming influence” as well as Lean Six Sigma principles to help companies improve profitability and achieve sustainable growth.
In this episode, Lauren shares a behind-the-scenes account of how she helped a company turn around a grim situation – handling unanticipated demand for their new product with limited, burnt-out staff, high customer support hold times, and rising costs. While doing so, she describes what a Gemba walk is and why uncovering root causes is essential to identifying and solving the right fast-growth challenges.
Location: Woodstock, GA USA
Air Date: Aug. 15, 2021
- Lauren Hisey Consulting: learn more about Lauren and how you can request a free 60-discovery call.
- Lauren’s YouTube channel: learn more about topics like AI and continuous improvement as you work to improve operational efficiency at your company through Lauren’s videos.
- The Basics of Process Mapping, 2nd Edition: a book by Robert Damelio.
- Kettering Executive Network: an Atlanta, GA-based professional organization that offers “…educational and networking opportunities for members through weekly meetings, social events, community involvement and special interest groups.”
- Episode 073: Wes Graham’s Primer on Process Improvement
- Episode 074: Love Hudson-Maggio’s Data Management Process
- Episode 109: Boosting Customer Experience in Contact Centres with Marianne Rutz
- Episode 153: Diversity, Digital Transformation, and Transforming Revenue Operations with Alison Elworthy
- Episode 159: The Toyota Way for Achieving Operational Excellence: A Masterclass with Dr. Jeffrey Liker
- Episode 161: What is Six Sigma and How Does it Lead to Operational Excellence? A Masterclass with Dr. Frank Barsi
Like What You Heard? Please Leave a Review on Apple Podcasts.
Subscribe for FREE Wherever You Listen to Podcasts, Including:
- Writer, Producer & Host: Alicia Butler Pierre
- Podcast Editor: Olanrewaju Adeyemo
- Video Editor: Gladys Jimenez
- Transcription: Outsource Global
- Sponsors: HubSpot, ThinkSmart Whiteboard
More About Guest, Lauren Hisey:
Lauren Hisey s the Founder and CEO of Lauren Hisey Consulting where she helps business owners and leaders uncover and solve their business problems. She is not your typical consultant or coach. She uses a calming influence, Continuous Improvement, and Lean Six Sigma through regular conversations to help create effective change within any business. As an expert in Lean Six Sigma, Lauren helps businesses to improve profitability and culture to drive sustainable growth. She has spent 14 years living and breathing Lean Six Sigma and Continuous Improvement as a coach, consultant, trainer, and speaker with different sizes of businesses, universities, podcasts, and various networking associations. She has a passion for Continuous Improvement and loves to show others how to use it effectively in their businesses.
Her accomplishments include capturing $16 M in cost savings and revenue generation for companies like AT&T, Nielsen, non-profit organizations, as well as small and medium businesses. Lauren has certifications in Lean Six Sigma (MBB) and Project Management. She holds a Master of Business Administration from St. Leo University and a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and Government from the University of South Florida. She resides in North Georgia with her husband on four acres. Lauren likes to spend time with her husband, hiking, gardening, cooking, working out, kayaking and yoga. Lauren has worked with such organizations and associations as Dress for Success, Kettering Executive Network, Women-in-Lean, Miracle League, and the USF Corporate Mentor Program.
More About Host, Alicia Butler Pierre:
Alicia Butler Pierre is the Founder & CEO of Equilibria, Inc. Her career in operations began over 20 years ago while working as an engineer in various chemical plants and oil refineries. She invented the KasennuTM framework for business infrastructure and authored, Behind the Façade: How to Structure Company Operations for Sustainable Success. It is the world’s first published book on business infrastructure for small businesses. Alicia hosts the weekly Business Infrastructure podcast with a global audience across 53 countries.
More About Sponsor, HubSpot:
HubSpot offers a full platform of marketing, sales, customer service, and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software — plus the methodology, resources, and support — to help businesses. Their CRM platform is powered by the same database, so everyone in your organization — Marketing, Sales, Service & Operations — is working off the same system of record. This allows for a smoother handoff between teams and results in a more delightful experience for your customers.
More About Sponsor, ThinkSmart Whiteboard:
Thinksmart Whiteboard is a Windows App that turns your Tablet PC into a shared whiteboard. It allows you to create a whiteboard on your computer screen, then allows other people to write onto your whiteboard, even if they are in another location! Learn more.