This Episode is Sponsored By:
Carol Sanford has 40+ years of experience working with leaders of companies looking to grow and change the world for the better. As she puts it, “My essence is to disrupt certainty.” But let’s be clear, she’s not a coach or a consultant. Instead, she’s a resource focused on increasing people’s capability for consciousness. Through this consciousness, leaders can grow better businesses.
Her secret sauce is rooted in lessons from her Iroquois heritage and her experience working with high-profile executives at companies like Google and DuPont as well as entrepreneurs and experts.
In this episode, Carol: 1) describes her regenerative thinking method for growing businesses, 2) defines the three types of excellence to strive for in operating a business, and 3) explains why businesses should focus on regeneration instead of transformation. Prepare to be wowed!
Location: Seattle, WA USA
Air Date: July 18, 2021
- Carol Sanford: Carol’s professional website where you can learn more about her professional endeavors and how to connect with her.
- Carol Sanford Institute: learn more about creating and growing a regenerative business here on Carol’s company website.
- Regenerative Business Summit: online home to the annual action-oriented, experiential event designed to reimagine the role of business in society.
- Regenerative Paradigm Institute: an organization, led by Carol, dedicated to supporting organizations and the people behind them in “…shifting whole fields and industries toward a living systems paradigm” by focusing on thinking patterns and their effect on the businesses and communities we create as a result.
- Seed Communities: an organization offering three types of seed communities focused on learning and collaborative co-creation processes based on the Carol Sanford Institute’s proprietary technology. “…members have access to multiple perspectives in sessions with fellow business peers, outside thought leaders, and expert resource speakers. They are able to expand their view beyond their company walls interactions that traditional executive leadership training just can’t offer.”
- The Regenerative Life: Transform Any Organization
- The Responsible Business: Reimagining Sustainability & Success
- The Responsible Entrepreneur: Four Game-Changing Archetypes for Founders, Leaders & Impact Investors
- No More Feedback: Cultivate Consciousness at Work
- The Regenerative Business: Redesign Work, Cultivate Human Potential, Achieve Extraordinary Outcomes: foreword written by Michiel Bakker, a Google VP.
Podcasts & Articles:
- Regenerative Business Podcast: Carol’s podcast where she and her guests “…educate and inspire startups, second and third stage growth companies, entrepreneurs in larger corporations, and impact investors.”
- Business Second Opinion Podcast: Carol’s podcast where she examines and critiques business pracitices considered best-in-class. She teachers listeners how to “…read between the lines and peep behind the curtain on where business ideas come from and what their effects are likely to produce as a result.”
- Medium.com: see Carol’s writings and other musings about regenerative business here on Medium.
Check out Carol’s TEDx Talks! TEDxBerkeley, TEDxBGI, and TEDxBellevue
Carol Sanford – Talks at Google:
- Episode 035: Positioning Front Line Leadership for Success with Victoria Rodgers
- Episode 057: The One Thing You Need to Know About Conscious Capitalism with Corey Blake
- Episode 111: Leading Data-Driven Improvements with Christine Yeager
Like What You Heard? Please Leave a Review on Apple Podcasts.
Subscribe for FREE Wherever You Listen to Podcasts, Including:
- Writer, Producer & Host: Alicia Butler Pierre
- Podcast Editor: Olanrewaju Adeyemo
- Video Editor: Gladys Jimenez
- Sponsors: HubSpot, ThinkSmart Whiteboard
More About Guest, Carol Sanford:
Carol Sanford is a consistently recognized thought leader working side by side with Fortune 500 and new economy executives in designing and leading systemic business change and design. Through her university and in-house educational offerings, global speaking platforms, multi-award-winning books, and human development work, Carol works with executive leaders who see the possibility to change the nature of work through developing people and work systems that ignite motivation everywhere. For four decades, Carol has worked with great leaders of successful businesses such as Google, DuPont, Intel, P&G, and Seventh Generation, educating them to develop their people and ensure a continuous stream of innovation that continually delivers extraordinary results.
She is a Senior Fellow of Social Innovation at Babson College as well as the CEO of The Regenerative Paradigm Institute. Carol is also an educator and social change designer for people in change agents roles, organizational leaders who aspire to make a difference, and business and organizational teams pursuing meaningful work and business effectiveness.
Carol is the author of five best-selling books, including The Regenerative Life: Transform Any Organization, Our Society, Your Destiny, No More Feedback, The Regenerative Business (Michiel Bakker, Google VP wrote foreword) and has won 22 Gold Awards thus far for her books. All five books are built around case stories of specific transformations in people, business, community, and regions. She is the Executive Producer of The Regenerative Business Summit and the Producer & On-Air Talent for the Business Second Opinion Podcast.
More About Host, Alicia Butler Pierre:
Alicia Butler Pierre is the Founder & CEO of Equilibria, Inc. Her career in operations began over 20 years ago while working as an engineer in various chemical plants and oil refineries. She invented the KasennuTM framework for business infrastructure and authored, Behind the Façade: How to Structure Company Operations for Sustainable Success. It is the world’s first published book on business infrastructure for small businesses. Alicia hosts the weekly Business Infrastructure podcast with a global audience across 53 countries.
More About Sponsor, HubSpot:
HubSpot offers a full platform of marketing, sales, customer service, and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software — plus the methodology, resources, and support — to help businesses. Their CRM platform is powered by the same database, so everyone in your organization — Marketing, Sales, Service & Operations — is working off the same system of record. This allows for a smoother handoff between teams and results in a more delightful experience for your customers.
More About Sponsor, ThinkSmart Whiteboard:
Thinksmart Whiteboard is a Windows App that turns your Tablet PC into a shared whiteboard. It allows you to create a whiteboard on your computer screen, then allows other people to write onto your whiteboard, even if they are in another location! Learn more.