This Episode is Sponsored By:
Supply chains represent the people, processes, and technology required to move goods and services from production to consumption. And yes, every organization has one. Airplanes, railcars, ships, trucks, pipelines, and broadband all represent the arteries through which our goods and services are transported. This is Tim Dooner’s (aka “Dooner”), specialty. In fact, he’s built FreightCasts, the world’s largest logistics and supply chain podcast network.
A pandemic, labor shortages, rising demand and prices, and crumbling or compromised means of transportation all threaten our ability to fulfill orders or service agreements. In this episode, Dooner explains the delicate interconnectivity of transportation infrastructure, the domino effect of supply chain disruptions, and tips for sustaining operations during those disruptions.
Location: Chattanooga, TN USA
Air Date: July 11, 2021
- FreightWaves: the world’s leading supply chain intelligence platform offering the fastest way to navigate the freight market. “More than one million professionals and 500+ global enterprises use FreightWaves intelligence to make informed decisions about their current and future supply chain operations.”
- FreightWaves Events: a curation of live, immersive supply chain and logistics-related events throughout the year produced by FreightWaves.
Podcasts & Articles:
- FreightWaves Podcast Network: includes podcasts they host, including What the Truck?!?, a show co-hosted by Dooner and “The Dude.”
- What the Truck?! Newsletter: sign up for a weekly articles penned by Dooner summarizing breaking news in freight.
- FreightWaves YouTube Channel: FreightWaves’ YouTube channel provides videos related to relevant supply chain and logistics content as well as industry news and information.
Check out Dooner’s TEDx Talk!
Check out Alicia’s Interview on the What the Truck?!? Podcast (timestamp – 41:03)
- Episode 072: Gifford Pace’s Inventory Management Process
- Episode 093: Supporting People in Charge of Operations with Marvell Allen
- Episode 096: Using Customer Intelligence to Improve Operations with Adam Hayes
Like What You Heard? Please Leave a Review on Apple Podcasts.
Subscribe for FREE Wherever You Listen to Podcasts, Including:
- Writer, Producer & Host: Alicia Butler Pierre
- Podcast Editor: Olanrewaju Adeyemo
- Transcription: Outsource Global
- Video Editor: Gladys Jimenez
- Sponsors: HubSpot, ThinkSmart Whiteboard
More About Guest, Tim Dooner:
Dooner is currently creating new podcast, video, and multimedia content for FreightWaves. In under a year, he built FreightCasts, the world’s largest logistics and supply chain podcast network in media. Dooner is a 16-year industry veteran who has held directors positions in operations, sales, consulting, and marketing. He has worked with FedEx, Reebok, Adidas, L.L. Bean, Hasbro, Louis Vuitton, and many more high-level clients across the full spectrum of the supply chain.
More About Host, Alicia Butler Pierre:
Alicia Butler Pierre is the Founder & CEO of Equilibria, Inc. Her career in operations began over 20 years ago while working as an engineer in various chemical plants and oil refineries. She invented the KasennuTM framework for business infrastructure and authored, Behind the Façade: How to Structure Company Operations for Sustainable Success. It is the world’s first published book on business infrastructure for small businesses. Alicia hosts the weekly Business Infrastructure podcast with a global audience across 53 countries. She’s also an Adjunct Professor of Operations Management, Lean, and Project Management at the MBA program at Nichols College in Dudley, MA.
More About Sponsor, HubSpot:
HubSpot offers a full platform of marketing, sales, customer service, and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software — plus the methodology, resources, and support — to help businesses. Their CRM platform is powered by the same database, so everyone in your organization — Marketing, Sales, Service & Operations — is working off the same system of record. This allows for a smoother handoff between teams and results in a more delightful experience for your customers.
More About Sponsor, ThinkSmart Whiteboard:
Thinksmart Whiteboard is a Windows App that turns your Tablet PC into a shared whiteboard. It allows you to create a whiteboard on your computer screen, then allows other people to write onto your whiteboard, even if they are in another location! Learn more.