Operations is historically the last department to be invested in, but Alison Elworthy is on a mission to change that. As an Executive VP at HubSpot, she’s witnessed the company’s diversity evolution firsthand. Now, she’s advocating for a different type of diversity – diversity among departments that receive investment priority. In this episode, Alison explains what a Revenue Operations (RevOps) business unit is. She also reveals how HubSpot’s new Operations Hub software can transform a small business’s ability to connect and centralize workflows for cleaner data and a better customer experience.
Location: Boston, MA USA
Air Date: June 13, 2021
- HubSpot CRM: collect, organize, and store the contact information for all of your business colleagues, customers, vendors, and more with this free version of HubSpot’s popular Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software.
- OperationsHub: HubSpot’s latest web-based software designed to break down work siloes to give teams “…a unified toolset that connects apps, cleans customer data, and automates business processes under one central CRM platform.”
- HubSpot Launches Operations Hub: Alison’s article on LinkedIn introducing the new software.
- HubSpot Expands Its CRM Platform With the Launch of Operations Hub: an article by Ameyna Jackson announcing the launch of HubSpot’s new platform to empower operations professionals with the tools necessary to deliver amazing customer experiences.
- Arise RevOps, the New Orchestrators of Customer Experience: Alison’s article explaining what RevOps is and why every business, regardless of size, should consider developing it.
- HubSpot Academy: HubSpot’s collection of free online courses and certification programs on a variety of highly sought-after business skills.
- @RevOps Club: join HubSpot’s audio club on Clubhouse and learn the latest trends and advancements in revenue operations.
- Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS): a comprehensive system for small businesses that explores the alignment of six key areas of business.
- HubSpot Podcast Network: HubSpot’s Here at the Business Infrastructure podcast, we’re proud to be one of the inaugural podcasts bestowed with the honor of being a part of this network.
HubSpot’s 2021 Diversity Report:
- Episode 068: Anne Sugar’s Hiring to Scale Process
- Episode 073: Wes Graham’s Primer on Process Improvement
- Episode 091: Debunking COO Myths with Maria Jones
- Episode 093: Supporting People in Charge of Operations with Marvell Allen
- Episode 095: Finding the Right Model to Improve Operations with Elzie Flenard
- Episode 102: Everything You Need to Know About COOs with Mohammad Ali Ajlouni
Like What You Heard? Please Leave a Review on Apple Podcasts.
Subscribe for FREE Wherever You Listen to Podcasts, Including:
- Producer & Host: Alicia Butler Pierre
- Podcast Editor: Olanrewaju Adeyemo
- Video Editor: Gladys Jimenez
- Transcription: Jodie Maquiran
- Sponsor: HubSpot
More About Guest, Alison Elworthy:
Alison Elworthy is the Executive VP of Revenue Operations at HubSpot, where she leads a unified team of operations professionals, dedicated to designing strategies, systems, and processes that power HubSpot as it scales. Alison believes that operations teams hold the key to breaking linear growth and achieving sustainable scale — and she’s passionate about helping companies realize that vision.
Prior to her role as EVP of Revenue Operations, Alison led various functions at HubSpot as SVP of Customer Success, VP of Operations, Chief of Staff, Senior Manager of Sales Operations, and Manager of Marketing Operations.
Alison also serves on the Board of Directors at Varicent. Outside of work, she enjoys spending time with her husband and three kids and is a food and wine enthusiast. She holds a B.S. in Human Factors Engineering from Tufts University and an MBA from the Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth.
More About Host, Alicia Butler Pierre:
Alicia Butler Pierre is the Founder & CEO of Equilibria, Inc. Her career in operations began over 20 years ago while working as an engineer in various chemical plants and oil refineries. She invented the KasennuTM framework for business infrastructure and authored, Behind the Façade: How to Structure Company Operations for Sustainable Success. It is the world’s first published book on business infrastructure for small businesses. Alicia hosts the weekly Business Infrastructure podcast with a global audience across 53 countries.
More About Sponsor, HubSpot:
HubSpot offers a full platform of marketing, sales, customer service, and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software — plus the methodology, resources, and support — to help businesses. Their CRM platform is powered by the same database, so everyone in your organization — Marketing, Sales, Service & Operations — is working off the same system of record. This allows for a smoother handoff between teams and results in a more delightful experience for your customers.