Jennifer Wang began her career with a major advantage. Being Chinese-American, speaking fluent Japanese, and having lived in multiple countries as a child afforded her an appreciation for cultural differences. Now, as a prominent event planner, she imbues this with every project. In this episode, Jennifer speaks openly about the importance of having difficult conversations to build an all-star team and the business infrastructure she leverages to land clients like Netflix and NBCUniversal.
Location: Los Angeles, CA USA
Air Date: May 30, 2021
- Party Planning Inspiration and Vendors Jennifer Recommends:
- Layout Software Jennifer Recommends:
- MS Teams: a web and phone-based communication and collaboration app that combines chat, video meetings, file storage, and more.
- Other Resources for Creating Custom “Party in a Box” Favors for Your Event’s Guests:
- Other Walkie-Talkie Products and Apps to Consider:
- Google SketchUp: a 3-D design and rendering software with a free version available.
- MS Excel: a spreadsheet software that can be used to create tables, graphs, and databases that manage various operational functions such as bookkeeping, project task tracking, and inventory.
- Other Project Management Software to Consider:
- Scale Operations with Templates Like the Terracotta Army: an article Alicia wrote showcasing the scale and skills required to build this ancient wonder.
Example of Jennifer’s Work on the Ocean’s 8 Movie Premiere Event (from 3-D Rendering/Concept to Real-Life):
- Episode 055: The One Thing You Need to Know About High Stakes Conversations with Dez Thornton
- Episode 063: The One Thing You Need to Know About Delivering Difficult News with Liz Kislik
- Episode 098: Producing a Hit TV Show with Janice Jensen
- Episode 112: Planning and Conducting Remote Events with Kimberly Fennell
Like What You Heard? Please Leave a Review on Apple Podcasts.
Subscribe for FREE Wherever You Listen to Podcasts, Including:
- Producer & Host: Alicia Butler Pierre
- Podcast Editor: Olanrewaju Adeyemo
- Video Editor: Gladys Jimenez
- Transcription: Jodie Maquiran
- Sponsors: Equilibria, HubSpot
More About Guest, Jennifer Wang:
JWang Consulting is an event management, production and design firm started in 2017. Jennifer Wang, the principal of the company, has more than 20 years of experience in the events industry. She has managed and produced over 600+ events, including movie premieres, product launches, brand activations, sales meetings, conferences, galas, and social events. JWang Consulting has worked with clients such as Netflix, Hulu, Paramount, NBCUniversal, HP, Warner Bros., and Showtime.
More About Host, Alicia Butler Pierre:
Alicia Butler Pierre is the Founder & CEO of Equilibria, Inc. Her career in operations began over 20 years ago while working as an engineer in various chemical plants and oil refineries. She invented the KasennuTM framework for business infrastructure and authored, Behind the Façade: How to Structure Company Operations for Sustainable Success. It is the world’s first published book on business infrastructure for small businesses. Alicia hosts the weekly Business Infrastructure podcast with a global audience across 53 countries.
More About Sponsor, HubSpot:
HubSpot offers a full platform of marketing, sales, customer service, and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software — plus the methodology, resources, and support — to help businesses. Their CRM platform is powered by the same database, so everyone in your organization — Marketing, Sales, Service & Operations — is working off the same system of record. This allows for a smoother handoff between teams and results in a more delightful experience for your customers.
The Business Infrastructure podcast became an inaugural member of the new HubSpot Podcast Network on May 11, 2021. This network consists of best-in-class podcasts offering subject matter expertise to assist listeners in building, growing, and scaling their businesses.