Scaling your subject matter expertise may seem impossible, especially when people think consulting firms can’t scale. It isn’t true, as evidenced by Dorie Clark. She went from growing up in a small town to becoming the #1 communication coach in the world as well as a prolific author, speaker, and professor. How’d she do it? In this episode, Dorie teaches organic marketing strategies to leverage your core competency, reinvent your brand, increase your visibility, and watch the money pour in!
Location: New York City, NY USA
- Entrepreneurial You: Monetize Your Expertise, Create Multiple Income Streams, and Thrive: Dorie’s book published by the Harvard Business Review Press.
- Stand Out: How to Develop Your Breakthrough Idea and Build a Following Around It: Dorie’s book, named by Inc. magazine as the #1 Leadership book of 2015. Download a free 42-page self-assessment workbook based on Stand Out here.
- Reinventing You: Define Your Brand, Imagine Your Future: Dorie’s book about finding your unique strengths and getting others to recognize the contributions you can make.
- Dorie’s Article Contributions:
- Dorie on LinkedIn:
- Dorie’s Online Courses: harness the power of your subject matter expertise and put your visibility into high gear with these courses.
- Resources Dorie Recommends: curated lists of resources Dorie recommends, categorized by podcasts, articles, and tools. Also includes links to her extensive media coverage.
- ConvertKit: the automated audience builder and email campaign software Dorie referenced in her interview.
- 9 Income Streams and Counting: How Dorie Clark Has Scaled for Success: an Entrepreneur article by Terry Rice where Dorie describes her multi-stream income strategy and how its catapulted her business into 7-figures.
Dorie’s Ted Talks:
Related Episodes (featuring members of Dorie’s network):
- Episode 045: Using Organizational Design to Drive Innovation with Ron Carucci
- Episode 047: Leading a Successful Merger & Acquisition with Karen Walker
- Episode 054: The One Thing You Need to Know About Social Media – Marie Incontrera
- Episode 063: The One Thing You Need to Know About Delivering Difficult News – Liz Kislik
- Episode 084: Niching to Scale with Meredith Moore
Like What You Heard? Please Leave a Review on Apple Podcasts.
Subscribe for FREE Wherever You Listen to Podcasts, Including:
- Producer & Host: Alicia Butler Pierre
- Podcast Editor: Olanrewaju Ade
- Sponsor: Equilibria, Inc.
More About Guest, Dorie Clark:
Dorie Clark is an adjunct professor of business administration at Duke University’s Fuqua School of Business. She’s also the author of Reinventing You and Stand Out, which was named the number one leadership book of 2015 by Inc. magazine and was a Washington Post best-seller. A former presidential campaign spokeswoman, Dorie was described by the New York Times as an “Expert at self-reinvention and helping others make changes in their lives.”
She is a frequent contributor to the Harvard Business Review, Time, and Entrepreneur. Recognized as a branding expert by the Associated Press, Inc., and Fortune, Dorie is a marketing strategy consultant and speaker for clients including Google, Microsoft, Yale University, Fidelity, the U.S. State Department, and the World Bank. You can download her free 42-page Stand Out self-assessment workbook and learn more at dorieclark.com.
More About Host, Alicia Butler Pierre:
Alicia Butler Pierre is the Founder & CEO of Equilibria, Inc.. Her career in operations began over 20 years ago while working in various chemical plants and oil refineries. She invented the KasennuTM framework for business infrastructure and authored, Behind the Façade: How to Structure Company Operations for Sustainable Success. It is the world’s first published book on business infrastructure for small businesses. Alicia hosts the weekly Business Infrastructure podcast with a global audience across 38+ countries.
More About Sponsor, Equilibria:
Equilibria, Inc. is a 15-year-old boutique operations management consulting firm. We build the business infrastructure necessary for fast-growing businesses to scale with less pain. With a range of services and products, entrepreneurs can get the operational support and resources they need on-demand.