“The answers to life are written in a book called YOU.” This quote comes from poet, Jeffrey Pollard. He’s self-published a series of poetry books and, naturally, wants to increase distribution. With over 2,700 self-published books launched daily, how can he get his to stand out? In this live consultation, he’s joined by his wife Francine Smith. Together, we discuss a book promotion process to increase visibility using digital marketing tools.
Special Guests: Jeff Pollard, Author & Poet and Francine Smith
Location: Gary, IN USA
Watch the Video Version!
Want a Private Workflow Consultation with Alicia? Sign up here.
- Bowker: the website of the world’s leading provider of bibliographic information. They offer a suite of products and services to connect publishers, authors, and booksellers with readers. Go here to get your book’s ISBN.
- Self-Publishing in the United States, 2013-2018 (Print and eBooks): Bowker’s 2019 report on the self-publishing industry. Download for free.
- The 10 Awful Truths About Book Publishing: an article by Steven Piersanti. It’s good to know these things ahead of time, but do not let it deter you from writing your book!
- Building a StoryBrand: Clarify Your Message So Customers Will Listen: a book by Donald Miller.
- Build Your Story Brand template: this website lets you access the template referenced in Building a Storybrand. This can be a useful exercise for authors seeking ways to develop a book’s BrandScript.
- Amazon Author Central: an online portal where you can create your free Author page on Amazon and add a link to your book(s), blog, and more!
- Copyright.gov: the site through which Authors can get their books copyrighted and listed in the U.S. Library of Congress.
- Feria Internacional del Libro de La Habana (Havana International Book Fair): the Facebook page dedicated to the home of the world’s largest book fair.
- Episode 041: Streamlining the Book Writing Process with Win Kelly Charles
- Episode 051: Designing a Digital Content Management Process with Alicia Butler Pierre
- Episode 054: The One Thing You Need to Know About Social Media with Marie Incontrera
- Episode 087: Growing Past Bootstrapping with Chitra Lele
Like What You Heard? Please Leave a Review on Apple Podcasts.
Subscribe for FREE Wherever You Listen to Podcasts, Including:
- Producer & Host: Alicia Butler Pierre
- Podcast Editor: Olanrewaju Ade
- Video Editor: Gladys Jimenez
- Sponsor: Equilibria, Inc.
More About Guest, Jeffrey Pollard:
Jeffrey Pollard grew up on the challenging streets of Chicago, IL. Rather than succumb to the pressures of criminal activity, he resorted to channeling his energy through poetry and quotes in order to stay focused and disciplined. Under the pseudonym, Sidq, he’s penned four books of poetry written in a free-style and spoken word format. For over 15 years, he’s expanded his poetry through martial arts and teaching an ancient Egyptian language which has inspired both adults and children.
More About Guest, Francine Smith:
Francine Smith has a Masters in Management from Kaplan University and a B.A. in Law & Society from Purdue University. She is also a Certified Paralegal. She combines her educational background and work experiences to find solutions to long-standing, internal business conflicts. She also utilizes her research skills to write reviews of peer-reviewed articles in the field of management pertaining to such subjects as H.R. management, change management, collaborative management, and finding ways in which employees can balance the work/life/self spheres.
More About Host, Alicia Butler Pierre:
Alicia Butler Pierre is the Founder & CEO of Equilibria, Inc.. Her career in operations began over 20 years ago while working in various chemical plants and oil refineries. She invented the KasennuTM framework for business infrastructure and authored, Behind the Façade: How to Structure Company Operations for Sustainable Success. It is the world’s first published book on business infrastructure for small businesses. Alicia hosts the weekly Business Infrastructure podcast with a global audience across 38+ countries.
More About Sponsor, Equilibria:
Equilibria, Inc. is a 15-year-old boutique operations management consulting firm. We build the business infrastructure necessary for fast-growing businesses to scale with less pain. With a range of services and products, entrepreneurs can get the operational support and resources they need on-demand.