Deborah Bailey, Cynthia Culbreath, and Karen Mills are on a mission. They’re helping entrepreneurs “get back to the basics of business” by harnessing their collective engineering and legal brainpower to power the Business Action Alliance. Part of their non-profit’s outreach involves podcasting. But where do they start and how? In this episode, we walk through a process and a checklist for setting up their podcast for sustainability and profitability!
Location: Metro Atlanta, GA USA
Watch the Video Version!
Want a Personal Consultation with Alicia? Sign up here.
- Podcast Hosting Platforms: Libsyn, Anchor, Podbean, Blubrry
- Headliner: a web-based app that creates promotional videos based on podcast clips to post across social media platforms. It also has an automated feature to create audiograms as soon as new podcast episodes are released.
- Canva: a web-based software perfect for creating stunning custom or template-based designs and documents.
- Facebook Ads: an easy and effective way to reach your audience, build brand awareness, and grow sales with online advertising.
- Facebook Groups:
- Podcast Movement: a professional organization that’s home to the world’s largest community of podcasters. Access the latest tips, trends, and resources through their website, articles, newsletter, meetups, and conferences.
- She Podcasts: a professional organization with “…a community that helps women and non-binary podcasters through every step of their podcast journey.” They offer support through a free Facebook group, paid online membership, in-person events, and their podcast.
- Email List-Building Tools:
- Episode 056: The One Thing You Need to Know About Podcasting with Doug Sandler
- Episode 100: Podcasting with Purpose featuring Jared Easley
- Episode 105: Streamlining Podcast Production with Berthine Crèvecoeur West
Like What You Heard? Please Leave a Review on Apple Podcasts.
Subscribe for FREE Wherever You Listen to Podcasts, Including:
- Producer & Host: Alicia Butler Pierre
- Podcast Editor: Olanrewaju Ade
- Video Editor: Gladys Jimenez
- Sponsor: rVidi
More About Guest, Deborah Bailey:
Deborah S. Bailey, Esq. is managing member of Bailey Helms Legal, LLC in Roswell, Georgia. She is admitted to practice law in Florida and Georgia. She is a member of the Executive Committee of the Real Property Law Section of the State Bar of Georgia, the Legislative Committee of Southeast Land Title Association, and the Workforce Development Subcommittee of the Education Committee of the American Land Title Association. Deborah frequently contributes to educational training courses for attorneys and real estate industry professionals. Deborah’s diverse background includes court administration, banking, global finance, and financial clearing and settlement services.
More About Guest, Cynthia Culbreath:
Cynthia D. Culbreath, SPHR is the CEO and Managing Partner of A Wonderful Change. She graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial and Systems Engineering with high honors and earned a Master of Science in Industrial Engineering with a Minor in Human Integrated Systems degree from Georgia Institute of Technology. Cynthia has 25 years of experience in manufacturing, supply chain, and human resources at Fortune 50 companies and over 27 years of experience in non-profits as a volunteer, program coordinator, and leader. She has won several awards for her innovative and impactful youth programs and has been recognized as an exemplary coach and mentor.
More About Guest, Karen Mills:
Karen V. Mills, P.E., Esq. is the managing member of Mills Law, LLC in Atlanta, Georgia. Karen Mills, a native of Macon, Georgia, graduated from the Georgia Institute of Technology where she earned a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, with honors. She obtained her law degree from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. She also attained the engineering profession’s highest designation by becoming a registered professional engineer in North Carolina.
More About Host, Alicia Butler Pierre:
Alicia Butler Pierre is the Founder & CEO of Equilibria, Inc.. Her career in operations began over 20 years ago while working in various chemical plants and oil refineries. She invented the Kasennu framework for business infrastructure and authored, Behind the Façade: How to Structure Company Operations for Sustainable Success. It is the world’s first published book on business infrastructure for small businesses. Alicia hosts the weekly Business Infrastructure podcast with a global audience across 38+ countries.
More About Sponsor, rVidi:
rVidi is the easy app that lets you communicate via video soundbites in your own time in a public or private group setting. Learn more and download for free at rVidi.com. Currently available for iOS; Android development coming soon!