At 14-years-old, Sebastian Flores is CEO of OctoGifts. What started as a unique handmade gift for his sweet-toothed friend, has now blossomed into a viable small business. Melanie Flores, his mom, lends her engineering and educator skills for operational support. But growing demand requires a more streamlined workflow. In this live consultation, you’ll learn the steps this mother-and-son team can use to improve their D-I-Y products’ kitting process.
Location: Atlanta, GA USA
Watch the Video Version!
Want a Personal Consultation with Alicia? Sign up here.
- Follow Octogifts Online: Facebook Instagram LinkedIn
- The E-Myth Revisited: Why Most Small Businesses Don’t Work and What to Do About It: a book by Michael Gerber that explains why most entrepreneurs create glorified jobs for themselves rather than profitable ventures that can thrive without their daily presence.
- The Toyota Way: 14 Management Principles from the World’s Greatest Manufacturer: a book by Jeffrey K. Liker that, among other Lean principles, explains the Kanban system for inventory management.
- Behind the Façade: How to Structure Company Operations for Sustainable Success: Alicia’s book on creating business infrastructure. Ch. 6 explains how to create a Service Delivery Blueprint like the one described in this episode.
- Example Service Delivery Blueprint:
- Episode 008: The Lean Methodology: What it is and How to Apply it to Your Small Business with John Kamp
- Episode 038: Building Business Infrastructure for Scale: Alicia Butler Pierre & Paul Nicholaides
- Episode 069: Calvin Williams’ Service Delivery Process
- Episode 072: Gifford Pace’s Inventory Management Process
Like What You Heard? Please Leave a Review on Apple Podcasts.
Subscribe for FREE Wherever You Listen to Podcasts, Including:
- Producer & Host: Alicia Butler Pierre
- Podcast Editor: Olanrewaju Ade
- Video Editor: Gladys Jimenez
- Sponsor: Equilibria, Inc.
More About Guests, Sebastian & Melanie Flores:
OctoGifts spark joy and human connection through 3D cards and DIY kits that are fun to make, fun to give, and fun to keep. They are the brainchild of 14-year-old Sebastian Flores. In 5th grade, he designed a working candy dispenser birthday card for a friend who loved sweets. Since then he has commercialized his idea, recruited his mother, Melanie, as a business partner, expanded his product line to include a DIY kit, and won fans in 20+ states.
More About Host, Alicia Butler Pierre:
Alicia Butler Pierre is the Founder & CEO of Equilibria, Inc.. Her career in operations began over 20 years ago while working in various chemical plants and oil refineries. She invented the Kasennu framework for business infrastructure and authored, Behind the Façade: How to Structure Company Operations for Sustainable Success. It is the world’s first published book on business infrastructure for small businesses. Alicia hosts the weekly Business Infrastructure podcast with a global audience across 38+ countries.
More About Sponsor, rVidi:
rVidi is the easy app that lets you communicate via video soundbites in your own time in a public or private group setting. Learn more and download for free at rVidi.com. Currently available for iOS; Android development coming soon!