Go big or go home – a fitting mantra for Clarence Levy and Derek Gauthier. As the Co-Founders of MorTec Innovation, these engineers turned entrepreneurs have big plans for their emerging company. It began with their debut product, Protect My Cell. After favorable testing results, they now want a repeatable process to scale their success. In this Season 10 kickoff, Alicia gives them a foundation to start building their commercialization process.
Location: Atlanta, GA USA
Watch the Video Version!
Want a Personal Consultation with Alicia? Sign up here.
- Protect My Cell: MorTec Innovation’s debut product. Protect My Cell is a cover designed to protect smartphones from viruses, dirt, dust, germs, and other unwanted fluids.
- Lean Canvas: “Lean Canvas is a 1-page business plan template…that helps you deconstruct your idea into its key assumptions.”
- Calendly: streamline your meeting setup process with this web-based scheduling tool.
- Marketing Mind Map for Small Business: the mindmap Alicia shared during the interview as a starting point for designing MorTec Innovation’s commercialization process. Download here: Marketing_MindMap_Alicia Butler Pierre
- Episode 020: Striking the Perfect Balance Between Marketing and Operations
- Episode 051: Designing a Digital Content Management Process with Alicia Butler Pierre
- Episode 054: The One Thing You Need to Know About Social Media – Marie Incontrera
- Episode 071: Damon Burton’s Scaling with Quality Control Process
- Episode 114: Validating Software Product Ideas with Ronan Walsh
Like What You Heard? Please Leave a Review on Apple Podcasts.
Subscribe for FREE Wherever You Listen to Podcasts, Including:
- Producer & Host: Alicia Butler Pierre
- Guest Relationship Manager: Monique Inge
- Podcast Editor: Olanrewaju Ade
- Video Editor: Gladys Jimenez
- Web Administration: Gregory Brown
- Sponsor: rVidi
More About Guest, Clarence Levy III:
Clarence Levy is a results-driven Sr. Project and Program Manager as well as an Electrical/Telecommunications Engineer with 20 years of professional experience. He has proven success in NPI project management, leadership, implementation, resource management, and customer consulting/management. In June 2020, Clarence co-founded MorTec Innovation, LLC. – a tech company offering products and services that positively impact mankind and aims to establish a STEAM program for students in lower-income communities. Their tagline is ENGINEERING DIFFERENT.
More About Guest, Derek Gauthier:
Derek Gauthier is a passionate and seasoned Electrical Engineer. He graduated from Georgia
Institute of Technology and also has a Bachelor’s Degree in General Science from
Morehouse College. He has spent over 20 years leading, designing, and testing smart metering devices for Landis+Gyr and Toshiba. Derek is currently leading the Reliability Engineering Team for Coca-Cola Freestyle. Derek recently partnered with Clarence Levy and started MorTec Innovation, LLC. Derek is a husband to Tyekeysha Gauthier, and a father to Alani and Charles Gauthier. He enjoys playing tennis and golf when he is away from the office.
More About Host, Alicia Butler Pierre:
Alicia Butler Pierre is the Founder & CEO of Equilibria, Inc. – a 15-year-old operations management consulting firm. Her career in operations began over 20 years ago working as a chemical engineer in various manufacturing facilities. She invented the Kasennu framework for business infrastructure and authored, Behind the Façade: How to Structure Company Operations for Sustainable Success. It is the world’s first published book on business infrastructure for small businesses. Alicia hosts the weekly Business Infrastructure podcast with a global audience across 38+ countries.
More About Sponsor, rVidi:
rVidi is the easy app that lets you communicate via video soundbites in your own time in a public or private group setting. Learn more and download for free at rVidi.com. Currently available for iOS; Android development coming soon!