TV Producers have more in common with COOs and Project Managers than you might think. As Emmy-nominated producer Janice Jensen explains, “We’re all responsible for putting together the pieces” to deliver a profitable product on time and within budget. In this episode, Janice draws from her experience in producing hit shows like Tiny House, Big Living to explain what goes on behind the scenes in coordinating the people, processes, and tools required from pre- to post-production. You’ll also be among the first to learn more about her revolutionary new video-based app.
Location: Denver, CO USA
- IMDB profile: Janice’s listing of production credits.
- rVidi: Janice’s new mobile video collaboration app currently available on iOS. It offers a better way to engage with others via 30-second video soundbites in a private or public group setting.
- Fixin Vixens: a podcast hosted by Annie & Alex – two D-I-Yers who talk about all things real estate from remodeling and rehabbing properties to buying and selling properties. Also available in TV show format on YouTube.
- Podcast Allies: a website featuring the consulting and production services of Elaine Appleton Grant and Lindsey O’Connor. Their company specializes in high-quality audio storytelling for podcasters.
- Nyport Media: a pop-up/mobile podcast production company specializing in podcast development, recording, and launching.ur pop-up studio can come to you. “Nyport Media can transform your small conference room or kitchen table into a professional recording space.”
- Vivial: website of the “groundbreaking marketing tech company with a full range of engagement tools. Enhance the way you connect with customers, build loyalty, manage content, and track results.”
- Episode 046: Leveraging Your Story for Team Cohesion with Hasani X
- Episode 080: Pivoting into a New Niche with Marco Champion
- Episode 084: Niching to Scale with Meredith Moore
Like What You Heard? Please Leave a Review on Apple Podcasts.
Subscribe for FREE on Your Favorite Podcast Platform
More About Guest, Janice Jensen:
Janice Jensen is a former TV investigative journalist turned seasoned TV series showrunner, writer, and director. She specializes in creating pilots and producing TV series for networks including HGTV, DIY Network, Discovery, Animal Planet, and more. Genres include documentary, reality TV, crime reenactment, and sports. Latest hits Tiny House, Big Living and Tiny Paradise chronicle passionate DIY’ers and builders as they create some of the most tricked-out and clever tiny houses out there. The two series have led to multiple spin-offs and one-hour specials.
Janice also recently launched a regular podcast series, Fixin Vixens, directed toward the female DIY’er — hosted by two amazing flippers from Kentucky. She also created the revolutionary video collaboration app, rVidi.
More About Host, Alicia Butler Pierre:
Alicia Butler Pierre is the Founder & CEO of Equilibria, Inc. – a 15-year-old operations management consulting firm. Her career in operations began over 20 years ago while working in various chemical plants and oil refineries. She invented the Kasennu framework for business infrastructure and authored, Behind the Façade: How to Structure Company Operations for Sustainable Success. It is the world’s first published book on business infrastructure for small businesses. Alicia hosts the weekly Business Infrastructure podcast with a global audience across 35 countries.