Jon Reid’s exposure to operations, auditing, and finance began during his tenure at General Electric. That experience serves as the cornerstone of his longevity as a C-suite executive and advisor. In this episode, Jon draws from his experience working with various Fortune 500 companies to give small business owners an operational model to aspire to. He explains why introverts make great COOs, why you should surround yourself with people smarter than you, and why small businesses must be creative when expanding since they can’t always access lines of credit the way larger enterprises can.
Location: Atlanta, GA USA
- COOAlliance: the COO Alliance brings together the top COOs focused solely to help COOs grow via training and exclusive, private, and vetted mastermind events. It is the “World’s highest level group for the 2nd in command to help you grow, strengthen your skills, and thrive as the COO.”
- HubSpot: a cloud-based CRM app designed to streamline and monitor marketing, sales, and customer service activity.
- The Greatest Salesman in the World: a book by Og Mandino.
- The Greatest Salesman in the World – Part II: The End of the Story: the sequel book by Og Mandino.
- The Richest Man in Babylon: a book by George S. Clason.
Jon’s List of Metrics Measured & Monitored by Most Fortune 500 (good for tracking on a one-page dashboard):
- Net Profit
- Progress Toward Targets
- Revenues & Revenue Growth Rate
- Revenue Per Employee*
- Employee Engagement
- Profit Per Customer
- Order Fulfillment Cycle
- Project Completion Rate
*Not to be confused with employees as an expense. This metric is similar to a Return on Investment (ROI) metric.
- Episode 032: Running Your Business By the Numbers with Charles H. Green
- Episode 035: Positioning Front Line Leadership for Success with Victoria Rodgers
- Episode 050: Sparking Innovation & Sales Via Intrapreneurship with Carl E. Reid
- Episode 096: Using Customer Intelligence to Improve Operations with Adam Hayes
Like What You Heard? Please Leave a Review on Apple Podcasts.
Subscribe for FREE on Your Favorite Podcast Platform
More About Guest, Jon Reid:
Jon Reid is the owner of Allen Reid Enterprises, LLC – a management consulting firm that specializes in corporate leadership, diversity training, skill and team building, small business development, and entrepreneur workshops. He is responsible for the daily operation of the business, which involves interacting closely with entrepreneurs and real estate investors.
Jon is also an Executive Partner at K.L. Scott & Associates and has over 25 years of combined corporate experience in the areas of business operations, regulatory compliance, Sarbanes-Oxley, project management, real estate, internal auditing and control systems, training, international procurement, and accounting. He holds an MBA from Xavier University (Cincinnati, OH) and is a certified Project Management Professional (PMP).
More About Host, Alicia Butler Pierre:
Alicia Butler Pierre is the Founder & CEO of Equilibria, Inc. – a 15-year-old operations management consulting firm. Her career in operations began over 20 years ago while working in various chemical plants and oil refineries. She invented the Kasennu framework for business infrastructure and authored, Behind the Façade: How to Structure Company Operations for Sustainable Success. It is the world’s first published book on business infrastructure for small businesses. Alicia hosts the weekly Business Infrastructure podcast with a global audience across 35 countries.