“If you don’t have customers, you don’t have a business,” and this is why “You have to always think about continuous improvement.” Wise words from Adam Hayes, a civil engineer who now consults and serves as an operations advisor across various industries. In this episode, Adam reveals the three types of customers every business should consider as well as internal questions you should ask yourself as a guide to meet customer expectations, measure what matters, and ultimately increase profitability.
Location: Roswell, GA USA
- Hubspot: a marketing, sales, and service software designed to streamline and automate the customer relationship process.
- Klipfolio: a cloud-based app for creating dashboards, reports, and performing visual analysis by retrieving data from over 100 sources it integrates with. “Klipfolio helps you stay in control of your business by giving you visibility into your most important data and metrics.”
- Strategyzer: an app that allows you to rapidly sketch out business ideas with the Business Model & Value Proposition Canvas. Design, test, and share business models and value propositions with your team in real-time to determine if an idea is worth pursuing before making further investments.
- Business Model & Value Proposition Canvas: a website where you can download these FREE templates. The “Business Model Canvas is a strategic management and entrepreneurial tool. it allows you to describe, design, challenge, invent, and pivot your business model.” The “Value Proposition Canvas helps you tackle the core challenges of every business – creating compelling products and services customers want to buy.”
- Alexander Osterwalder: a compilation of articles provided by this contributor to the Strategyzer blog. Topics include innovation, strategy, and visual business models.
- Fishbowl: the top manufacturing and inventory management add-on software for Quickbooks. It also integrates with a number of other services including Xero, Salesforce, WooCommerce, and Amazon among others.
- NetSuite: a leading cloud-based Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Customer Relationship Management (CRM), and e-commerce business software suite by Oracle. NetSuite manages business finances, operations, and customer relations.
- Episode 073: Wes Graham’s Primer on Process Improvement
- Episode 092: Preparing for the Unexpected in Daily Operations with Joseph Powell
- Episode 094: Retooling Operations for Customer Success with David Ellin
Like What You Heard? Please Leave a Review on Apple Podcasts.
Subscribe for FREE on Your Favorite Podcast Platform
More About Guest, Adam Hayes:
Adam Hayes is an experienced business leader and senior engineer with extensive business and technical experience in real estate, sustainability, waste minimization, compliance, business operations, manufacturing, capital planning, and remediation planning. His experience covers a broad range of sectors including industrial, food manufacturing, office, retail, hospitality, energy, telecommunication, healthcare, education, and housing. He provides an exceptional combination of business acumen, communication abilities, and analytical expertise together with an adaptable and disciplined leadership and mentoring approach.
More About Host, Alicia Butler Pierre:
Alicia Butler Pierre is the Founder & CEO of Equilibria, Inc. – a 15-year-old operations management consulting firm. Her career in operations began over 20 years ago while working in various chemical plants and oil refineries. She invented the Kasennu framework for business infrastructure and authored, Behind the Façade: How to Structure Company Operations for Sustainable Success. It is the world’s first published book on business infrastructure for small businesses. Alicia hosts the weekly Business Infrastructure podcast with a global audience across 35 countries.