Operational excellence and business infrastructure are common threads throughout Elzie Flenard’s career. As a former electronics engineer and operations manager, turned podcast producer, he can attest to how important company culture along with a validated improvement model is in getting things done. In this episode, Elzie breaks down the correct order in building business infrastructure as he emphasizes the importance of securing the right people first, then processes, and last the tools. Learn why he says operations can be your company’s profitable differentiator.
Location: Milwaukee, WI USA
- Traction: Get a Grip on Your Business: a book by Gino Wickman introducing the EOS model.
- What the Heck is EOS? A Complete Guide for Employees in Companies Running on EOS: a book by Gino Wickman and Tom Bouwer.
- How to Be a Great Boss: a book by Gino Wickman and René Boer.
- Dynamics 365: Microsoft’s Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) application for companies of various sizes.
What is a RACI Chart? Find out in this video:
- Episode 007: Staffing Up While You Scale Up: Getting the Help You Need When You Need It with Essie Escobedo
- Episode 089: Understanding the Value of COOs with Bill Shepard
- Episode 093: Supporting People in Charge of Operations with Marvell Allen
- Episode 094: Retooling Operations for Customer Success with David Ellin
Like What You Heard? Please Leave a Review on Apple Podcasts.
Subscribe for FREE on Your Favorite Podcast Platform
More About Guest, Elzie Flenard:
Elzie Flenard, III is the founder of Enterprise NOW!. Elzie is also the host of the Enterprise NOW! Podcast, a business and entrepreneurship talk show that seeks to educate, motivate, and inspire current business owners as well as aspiring entrepreneurs on a variety of business-related topics. Enterprise NOW! features entrepreneurs and business leaders from various industries and fields.
Elzie has more than a decade of experience as an engineering professional and
entrepreneur. He thrives on thinking outside the box, bringing the best out of
entrepreneurs, and driving results. He provokes thought, challenges creativity, and
inspires persistence. He holds a Master’s Degree in Business Administration from Carroll University and is an Accredited Small Business Consultant. In his free time, Elzie enjoys singing, bowling, watching movies, and spending time with his family.
More About Host, Alicia Butler Pierre:
Alicia Butler Pierre is the Founder & CEO of Equilibria, Inc. – a 15-year-old operations management consulting firm. Her career in operations began over 20 years ago while working in various chemical plants and oil refineries. She invented the Kasennu framework for business infrastructure and authored, Behind the Façade: How to Structure Company Operations for Sustainable Success. It is the world’s first published book on business infrastructure for small businesses. Alicia hosts the weekly Business Infrastructure podcast with a global audience across 35 countries.
More About Emcee, Jason Smith:
Jason Smith is the Founder of CIGRIE, LLC – a business development consulting firm specializing in campaign-based business development initiatives for small to medium businesses. He’s also a Senior Consultant with ASLAN Training & Development, helping clients to improve the way their teams sell. Jason hosts the Sales Synergistics podcast.