When Dr. Lewena Bayer and her friend worked in hospitality, they complained to each other about how rude people were. They never imagined they would start a company to teach civility in the workplace. But nearly 10 years into the business, their partnership would end when Lew learned of her partner’s illegal actions. In this episode, Lew explains how she retained most of the rights to the company since she had documented the majority of the I.P. Now her company includes over 400 affiliates in 46 countries. Listen to the advice she gives for the value of painstakingly documenting processes and why she says job descriptions are not just “unnecessary paperwork.”
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba CANADA
- The 30% Solution: How Civility at Work Increases Retention, Engagement and Profitability: Lew’s book.
- The Power of One: How Choosing Civility Can Change Your Life: Lew’s book.
- Small Business Resource Center (SBDC): a site dedicated to helping small businesses locate a local center that can provide free or low-cost training and consulting on various topics.
- You’re So Rude: an app developed by Lew’s company. It is the world’s number etiquette app, available on iTunes.
- Episode 027: I.P. Protection for Business Processes with Steve Wigmore
- Episode 044: Leading a Multi-Generational Workforce with Alissa Carpenter
- Episode 057: The One Thing You Need to Know About Conscious Capitalism with Corey Blake
Like What You Heard? Please Leave a Review on Apple Podcasts.
Subscribe for FREE on Your Favorite Podcast Platform