As demand increases for your tangible goods, you will inevitably have to streamline your order-to-delivery process to ensure customer satisfaction. Outsourcing inventory management represents an opportunity cost when considering your small business no longer has the capacity to fulfill orders in a timely manner. Storing inventory in your basement, garage, or closets is no longer an option. In this episode, Gifford Pace explains a process his employer implements to help people “get their garage back” and ensure their order fulfillment is not compromised during sales peaks.
Location: Atlanta, GA USA
- Just-in-Time: an inventory management system that discourages long-term stocking and supplies products as needed.
- The SEMA Show: a premier trade-only event in the automotive retailer space bringing together over 2,400 exhibitors and 70,000 domestic and international buyers.
- Affiliate Summit: host of the largest performance marketing events around the world.
- National Hardware Show: a trade show giving “access to everything you need to move your business forward, including new buying opportunities, merchandising ideas & solutions, money-saving deals & face-to-face networking opportunities” in the home improvement industry.
- Southern United States Trade Association (SUSTA): “a non-profit organization that facilitates trade between small to medium-sized southern U.S. companies and overseas importers…to promote the export of high-value food and agricultural products.”
Learn More About Just-in-Time in this Video:
Be Inspired by Sara Blakely’s Personal Growth Story that Involves Inventory Management:
Watch the Video Version of this Interview (COMING SOON!):
- Episode 015: How I Use Business Infrastructure in My Restaurant
- Episode 065: Jason Smith’s Sales Synergistics Process
- Episode 067: Trace Blackmore’s Documenting SOPs Process
Subscribe for FREE on Your Favorite Podcast Platform