Estate planning is NOT just for wealthy people. In fact, Estate Planning Attorney Deshonda Charles says, “An estate plan is your strategic plan to preserve and protect your business and assets over your lifetime.” It’s never too late to get one in place and it ensures you don’t leave a burden behind after you die or become unable to operate your business. In this episode, Deshonda not only dispels common myths about estate plans, but she defines the specific people, processes, and tools to help you get an estate plan documented and backed in a court of law. With her down-to-earth approach, she removes the stigma and fear of estate planning, making it accessible to business owners and families alike.
Location: Houston, TX USA
- Wear Clean Underwear! A Fast, Fun, Friendly, and Essential Guide to Legal Planning for Busy Parents: a book by Alexis Martin Neely.
- Selling a Small Business and Succession Planning for Small Businesses: a free 17-page pdf provided courtesy of the Small Business Administration (SBA).
- Estate Planning You Should Be Doing and When You Should Be Doing It: an article posted on Forbes.com by Abby Schneiderman.
- 4 Estate Planning Myths that Refuse to Die: an article posted on Forbes.com by Ron Carson.
- Episode 016: Demonstrate, Duplicate & Delegate – Nia Imani’s Formula for Success.
- Episode 014: Dispelling 4 Common Entrepreneur Myths About Business Growth.
- Episode 027: I.P. Protection for Business Processes.
- Episode 061: The One Thing You Need to Know About Exit Planning.
Subscribe for FREE on Your Favorite Podcast Platform