Who will take over your business when you’re no longer able to? Your answer to this question is the foundation of your exit plan and EVERY entrepreneur should have one. In this episode, exit and succession planning expert David Shavzin defines what an exit plan is and the people, processes, and tools needed to create and update it. As someone who helps business owners build value around their life’s work, David also candidly talks about the sensitivities of and multiple ways to transition ownership. Learn why business infrastructure is key to proving value to potential buyers.
Location: Atlanta, GA USA
- The Value Track Blog: David’s free blog offering resources and tips on exit planning and business valuation; includes a link to sign up for his free newsletter.
- XPX Owner’s Academy: The Exit Planning Exchange’s library of free videos and articles around business value growth and transfer.
- Small Business Development Center (SBDC): nationwide centers funded by the U.S. SBA to provide business consulting and assistance to new and existing small businesses.
- The E-Myth: Why Most Small Businesses Don’t Work and What to Do About It: book by Michael Gerber.
- Episode 006: How Can I Implement Business Infrastructure in My Company?
- Episode 016: Demonstrate, Duplicate, Delegate – Nia Imani’s Formula for Success
- Episode 024: Driving Faster with Business Infrastructure
- Episode 034: Developing a Business Strategy for Sustainable Growth
Subscribe for FREE on Your Favorite Podcast Platform