In this first episode of Season 4, Paul Nicholaides shares an example of how he used processes to help a fast-growing company scale without compromising their culture. He specifically explains how he helped shape his client’s business infrastructure based on their value chain and processes. Processes are a valuable component of business infrastructure because as Paul says, “Without it, there is chaos and people will produce different results.” He also debunks the popular belief that processes are only for large enterprises and stresses that, to be effective, processes must be purposeful, relevant and continuously improved. Discover the important lesson Paul says he learned from this experience as well as the two fundamental things he says are needed to sustain processes.
Location: Leeds, England
- Lean Thinking: Banish Waste and Create Wealth in Your Corporation: a book by James P. Womack and Daniel T. Jones
- Business Dynamics: Systems Thinking and Modeling for a Complex World: a book by John D. Sterman
- Paul mentioned the importance of understanding the philosophy and principles behind the methodologies and concepts of Lean, Business Infrastructure, Scrum and Agile. Below are some articles as well as an infographic to get you started:
- Episode 002: My Business is Small…Why Does It Need Business Infrastructure?
- Episode 024: Driving Faster with Business Infrastructure
- Episode 035: Positioning Front Line Leadership for Success
- Episode 037: Leveraging Culture to Drive Business Transformation
- Episode 038: Building Business Infrastructure for Scale (includes soundbites from Paul)
Subscribe on Your Favorite Podcast Platform: