In this episode, Alicia shares things she observed during a recent trip to Cuba and how those observations apply to how we run our small businesses. A notable observation was the admirable and continuous preservation of cars, culture and cuisine. However, many buildings have succumbed to the lack of maintenance primarily due to economic factors. She makes the argument that it’s possible to save these buildings (and our parts of our business) through ongoing proactive and preventive maintenance. If nothing more, may these lessons Alicia shares serve as a cautionary tale of the importance to develop processes to monitor all aspects of your business to minimize both risk and…ruin.
- Behind the Façade: How to Structure Company Operations for Sustainable Success – by Alicia Butler Pierre. Available in both hardcover and digital formats.
- Schedule a consultation with Alicia
- Episode 001: What is Business Infrastructure and Who Are You to Tell Me About It?
- Episode 019: Who Said Operations Isn’t Sexy?
- Episode 021: Improving Quality in Healthcare Operations
Subscribe on Your Favorite Podcast Platform: