Do you feel stressed out? Maybe a weekend hike can help! According to a 2018 report by the Journal of Travel Research, backpacking is not only good for your physical health, but for your mental health as well. In this episode, Tim Walter, an operations consultant, shares his experiences in hiking the Appalachian Trail for five months. Learn how Tim leveraged his professional background in project planning and strategy implementation to research and link the people, processes and tools necessary for him to “hike his own hike.” He emerged from his backpacking experience with better clarity, agility and perspective on wants vs. needs — all of which had a profound effect on him both professionally and personally. You might gain similar results.
Special Guest: Tim Walter, Operational Accelerator
- Tim’s Adventure – chronicles of Tim Walter’s five-month journey on the Appalachian Trail
- WhiteBlaze.net – A community of Appalachian Trail enthusiasts
- REI Adventures – plan nature trips around the world
- Backpacking Could Do Wonders for Your Career (and Mental Health)
- Ray Jardine – ultralight backpacking
Subscribe on Your Favorite Podcast Platform: